Summer is here and so is the heat. Cool down with this simply amazing Peach Iced Tea recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ripe peaches (sliced very thin)
- 3-4 tea bags (depending on how strong you like your tea)
- 8 cups water
- Place the sugar, water, and peaches in a small saucepan to boil. Once boiling, lower the heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir and crush the peaches.
- After the sugar has dissolved, be sure to cover, and then remove from the heat. Let it steep for about 25-30 minutes.
- While you let the syrup steep, begin making your tea like normal.
- After you make the tea, make sure to remove the tea bags and transfer to a pitcher.
- Refrigerate to cool.
- After the syrup is finished, strain out the peaches. To do this, get a fine mesh strainer and a container. Place the strainer on the container and pour the syrup in. Discard the peach mesh.
- You can then transfer the syrup in the container into a bottle with a lid.
- Your tea is now ready to be served. You can add all of the syrup to the tea and stir or you can leave separate. Leaving the syrup separate will allow you or guests to decide on how strong of a peach flavor is wanted.
Want to try another great summer drink? Check out our blog post on How to make simple and delicious homemade lemonade.