I recently purchased Splat 10 wash no bleach hair dye conditioner in violet vixen. After all, who doesn’t like to change up their hairstyle or try something fun and new? From pink highlights, to teal with purple, to blue, I’ve tried quite a few different colors and styles.
Splat has to be my personal all-time favorite brand. I have used other brands and received decent results, but none have compared to Splat.
I must warn anyone with dark hair, you would need to bleach your hair if you want dramatic results shown on the box. Splat does make special hair dye for dark hair as well, but this isn’t one of them. My hair was more of a medium brown on top and lighter blonde at the bottom/tips of my hair. Because of this, I had fairly decent results. Only using the dye from the tips of my hair to just under mid-shaft, the purple showed up better than expected.
Before you start, check the box to make sure all items are included. This includes gloves and the Splat colorizer conditioner. It is also recommend to preform a strand test to determine how long to color your hair in order to achieve your desired shade. An allergy test is also recommended at least 48 hours before coloring your hair.
The steps you take to use the dye is fairly simple.
- Wash hair with shampoo and rinse with water. Do not use any regular conditioner Put on the gloves provided.
- Make sure hair is completely dry!
- Decide on what part(s) of your hair you want colored.
- Shake the bottle of color very well to ensure it is mixed well.
- Be sure to put on the gloves provided, unless you want your hands to be stained purple.
- Splat color will stain skin, clothes, and any surfaces it comes in contact with.Personally, I have found alcohol wipes can help remove the stain from your skin and some hard surfaces.
- Apply Splat color to dampen the hair.
- Massage throughout the hair and comb through for even distribution.
- Check in a mirror to make sure you didn’t miss any spots and the color is even throughout.
- Leave in hair for 5 to 30 minutes depending on how bold you want your color.
- The shorter the processing time, the brighter the color will be.Do not rub the product into scalp or the color will stain.
- Rinse hair well with cold water. The cold water will help avoid staining and lock in color.
- Be sure to always use an old towel when drying hair.
- Because of how extremely concentrated Splat color is, never use new towels when drying hair. After washing hair, the color can transfer onto the towel and stain.
- Keep product off all bathroom and kitchen surfaces, as Splat color will bleed.
- Style hair as usual.
- Use Splat color regularly to keep color fresh and bright.
As an added bonus for those who are eco-friendly, the product is cruelty free and vegan. There is also no bleach, no ammonia, and no peroxide in the product either.
Want to read another product review? Check out L’OREAL Pure-Clay Mask Purify & Mattify Review.